Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp with Pepper Jelly Glaze
BACON-WRAPPED SHRIMP WITH PEPPER JELLY GLAZE
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with Pepper Jelly Glaze make a wonderful party appetizer. The pepper jelly glaze adds a little sweetness plus some heat.
- 1/3 cup Rocque The House Pepper Jelly
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on if desired
- 1/2 pound bacon, each piece cut in half lengthwise
In a small bowl, stir together original Rocque the House pepper jelly, oil, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
Wrap a piece of bacon around each shrimp and secure with a toothpick.
Heat a 12-inch cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Place shrimp in pan and cook 2 minutes. If you don't have a cast iron skillet, just use a nonstick pan.
Flip shrimp over, brush with pepepr jelly mixture and cook until cooked through, about 2 more minutes. Remove toothpicks and serve.
Don't use thick-cut bacon. It will not have time to cook.